I am truly honored to have been nominated by Road Runner Girl and 13 Going on Crazy. What is the Liebster Award? According to Mindy and Melissa, the Liebster Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers (I’m not sure if the people I tagged have less than 200 followers or not…I enjoy reading their blogs). The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
The rules for this award:
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
- Then answer the questions the tagger sent for them, plus create 11 questions for the people they’ve tagged to answer.
- Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
- Notify the people you have tagged.
- No tag backs.
11 Things about me:
1. I write and eat left-handed but play sports right-handed. I also cut right-handed.
2. I sometimes snort when I laugh.
3. I love the month of December. My birthday is on the 13th, wedding anniversary is on the 23rd, and of course Christmas and New Year’s Eve!
4. I taught myself how to ride a motorcycle when my husband and I ownd a motorcycle shop several years ago. I secretly long for another motorcycle now.
5. I love to cook.
6. I learned how to swim 2 years ago at the age of 38.
7. Sometimes I can be obsessive/complusive about everything.
8. All my childhood friends know me as Ginny. Once I married, for the second time and moved away, I starting using my birth name, Regina. (It sounds a little more grown up)
9. I worked as a legal secretary for almost 10 years.
10. I was born on the island of Oahu, Hawaii. My 2nd child was born in the same hospital.
11. I am a recovering alchoholic with a little over 2 years of sobriety. I am extremely proud of this because of the amazing things I have accomplished since I quit drinking. I started running, I lost 40lbs. and I am healthier then I have ever been in my entire life.
Here are the 11 questions from Mindy and Melissa:
1. What is your favorite form of exercise and why? It would have to be running. Running is not only a great form of exercise but it is my therapy. I do a lot of good thinking on my runs.
2. What is something that you’ve accomplished that you are extremely proud of? I am going on 2 years of sobriety. I tried many times in the past to stop drinking but could not do it on my own. Once I admitted I needed help and started working a program, I continue to stay sober.
3. If you could be a super hero with special powers who would it be and why? I would want the ability to fly. Not only could I fly to see my boys in Tampa but I could fly anywhere to get where I’m going faster.
4. What’s your favorite thing about the town you live in? I love Pensacola because of the of number runners and cyclist here. You see them everywhere around the city and we have a special bond with each other.
5. What is one thing on your bucket list that you hope to accomplish soon? I will be running my first marathon, Run With Donna, in February.
6. What is one word that would most describe you? Determined!
7. What meal/food do you cook best? My favorite food is seafood. So I love being on the Gulf Coast and getting fresh seafood!
8. What is your post from your blog are you the most proud of and why? My post about “What makes me an athlete?” It is so easy to forget that you don’t have to participate in the Olympics to be considered an athlete.
9. If you could travel anywhere where would you go? I really want to see Italy, Spain and England.
10. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? The big gap between my front teeth.
11. Are you a morning person or night person? I am definitely a morning person. I am usually asleep by 8:30pm and then up at 5:00am.
These are the awesome bloggers I have chosen for the Liebster Award:
Questions for the people I have tagged:
1.Why did you start blogging?
2. What is one of your current fitness goals?
3. Name one thing on your running bucket list.
4. If you could eat lunch with one celebrity today, who would it be and why?
5. What is your favorite pre-race meal?
6. What do you think about when you are running?
7. How do you refuel after a run?
8. What has been one of your favorite races of all time?
9. What is your favorite movie?
10. What is the last book you read?
11. Do you have a favorite TV show?
Tag, you’re it! 😉 Have fun with it!